Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Life throws these riddles at you. And there are times you solve them. And there are times you attempt to solve them. And there are more times that you simply give up. But after a few tries it so happens that you wouldn't even try to have a go at them. Sometimes these riddles come as seemingly cute little packages. All nice and neat . Complete with bright strings and bows. I got one almost 10 months ago. On a cold December evening. Replete with the traditional Christmas colors and lights. I first met her thirteen years ago. Little did I know that she would be gift wrapped and delivered home one day. Rather an evening. And Littler did I know the indifference I had then towards her would come back to haunt me. The indifference later turned to admiration and respect. But never did I fathom that I would spent the rest of my life with her. Enigma. It used to mean music to me. But now, its my wife. And yes the riddle remains unsolved. Probably in another few years I would just accept the riddle as it is. Or as I see it. But the human mind is a riddle in itself. The more I tell myself to not unravel it, the more I find myself doing exactly that. It is like the eternal treasure hunter. The next step would be the last. Least would he know it was just one more step in an unending spiral. But he would know in his mind that he is one step closer. And yes. I guess I have taken more than a few baby steps in my quest to solve my riddle. And more steps do remain. And attempt them, shall I.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home